Jump to content


* * * * * 1 votes

Alaska and Dassault Falcon 2000 announced


  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Cuan95

Cuan95

    Student Pilot

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Location:Adelaide, Australia

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

Where exactly do they expect us to fly the falcon? You cant fly it to its full potential doing circuits around a couple of airports or shorts hops in Alaska...

#22 n4gix

n4gix

    Student Pilot

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

"...short hops in Alaska?"  :hrmm: Apparently you've not spent any time up there if you think Alaska is that small!

#23 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

    Private Pilot - IFR

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

I still hope for some familiar aircraft in Flight. I miss my C172 and Baron 58.

#24 EduardoSpaz

EduardoSpaz

    Private Pilot - VFR

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

View Postn4gix, on Mar 12 2012, 10:53 AM, said:

"...short hops in Alaska?"  :hrmm: Apparently you've not spent any time up there if you think Alaska is that small!

The Falcon is a transcontinental corporate jet.  it is meant to fly all over the world. Not one state.

#25 n4gix

n4gix

    Student Pilot

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

View PostEduardoSpaz, on Mar 12 2012, 12:18 PM, said:

The Falcon is a transcontinental corporate jet.  it is meant to fly all over the world. Not one state.
Odd, because there's one based here at KGYY that regularly flies <1,200 nm trips, ferrying patients around Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin and Michigan. Total area of those four states is slightly less than 25% of Alaska's landmass. The main reason it was chosen was because of the fuel efficiency of the engines.

All of which is beside the point, because this a/c will not be available anyway. The "story" was a hoax.

#26 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

    Private Pilot - IFR

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

Hawaii to Alaska anyone?

#27 EduardoSpaz

EduardoSpaz

    Private Pilot - VFR

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

View Postn4gix, on Mar 13 2012, 11:30 AM, said:

Odd, because there's one based here at KGYY that regularly flies <1,200 nm trips, ferrying patients around Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin and Michigan. Total area of those four states is slightly less than 25% of Alaska's landmass. The main reason it was chosen was because of the fuel efficiency of the engines.

All of which is beside the point, because this a/c will not be available anyway. The "story" was a hoax.

Well thats good, hopefully they will develop the whole world enough to use the range of a modern jetliner.

#28 -Dexter

-Dexter

    Supersonic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,183 posts
  • Location:West Virginia, USA

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

Any idea how much these planes are going to sell for?

If Microsoft prices them at $2-3 per plane, I'd buy it.

#29 Peter797

Peter797

    Orville Reincarnate

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,145 posts
  • Location:CYYZ

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

I'm going to wait 2 years until they've finished creating the whole world, so I can just buy a massive package for like 70 bucks :hrmm:

#30 touchdown

touchdown

    Private Pilot - IFR

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Location:Madison, WI [KMSN]

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:20 PM

View PostPeter797, on Mar 13 2012, 08:12 PM, said:

I'm going to wait 2 years until they've finished creating the whole world, so I can just buy a massive package for like 70 bucks :hrmm:

At $10 for an area the size of hawaii, the MS flight world will cost more than my house.

#31 Cuan95

Cuan95

    Student Pilot

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Location:Adelaide, Australia

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:14 AM

View Postn4gix, on Mar 13 2012, 11:30 AM, said:

Odd, because there's one based here at KGYY that regularly flies <1,200 nm trips, ferrying patients around Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin and Michigan. Total area of those four states is slightly less than 25% of Alaska's landmass. The main reason it was chosen was because of the fuel efficiency of the engines.

All of which is beside the point, because this a/c will not be available anyway. The "story" was a hoax.

How many of these long haul routes are there in Alaska, one or two? Maybe I'm just ignorant its not like I've ever been to Alaska, but does it really have enough large airports to make flying a Falcon there unroutine and challenging?

#32 fsxnate

fsxnate

    Private Pilot - VFR

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Location:KPWM

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

View PostCuan95, on Mar 14 2012, 07:14 AM, said:

How many of these long haul routes are there in Alaska, one or two? Maybe I'm just ignorant its not like I've ever been to Alaska, but does it really have enough large airports to make flying a Falcon there unroutine and challenging?

just check out some route maps in Alaska with airlines such as Era, I know they don't fly the Falcon but there may be some room for her on some of the Dash 8 routes etc.  :hrmm:

Edited by fsxnate, 14 March 2012 - 01:20 PM.


#33 EduardoSpaz

EduardoSpaz

    Private Pilot - VFR

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

I love the justification of Flight's failure.  Its huge denial.

#34 fsxnate

fsxnate

    Private Pilot - VFR

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Location:KPWM

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

I do not deny Flights failure.  I am especially outraged at how PMDG, third party developers were treated.  I have to still do something with Flight because I would be a huge hippocrit; I said I would use it based on one huge reason, performance increase.  That being said I had no idea they were going to increase performance and change everything else.  FSX is staying installed and will get much more attention but Flight has to stay in the corner of my eye for some small piece of hope.

#35 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

    Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,031 posts
  • Location:KDFW

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:01 PM

Guys, Microsoft did not announce a Falcon.

It was a mistake by an AVSIM moderator.

#36 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

    Private Pilot - IFR

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:26 AM

View PostBuziel-411_RED, on Mar 15 2012, 06:01 AM, said:

Guys, Microsoft did not announce a Falcon.

It was a mistake by an AVSIM moderator.

I hope the pack doesn't cost much then.

#37 fsxnate

fsxnate

    Private Pilot - VFR

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Location:KPWM

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

whats the Falcon from? curious, looks like a decent model

#38 _NW_

_NW_

    Orville Reincarnate

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts
  • Location:KSAT

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

That Falcon actually looks familiar..   I just can't for the life of me remember if it was FS2004 or FSX, and who made it..   but, IIRC, it was freeware.

#39 AirX

AirX

    Private Pilot - IFR

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

View Postfsxnate, on Mar 15 2012, 02:06 PM, said:

whats the Falcon from? curious, looks like a decent model
That image is from Dassault's website.
Its their new Falcon 2000s to be exact.
http://www.falcon2000s.com

#40 _NW_

_NW_

    Orville Reincarnate

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts
  • Location:KSAT

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

Gah! That's where I've seen that picture LOL