Jump to content


- - - - -

Best freeware aircraft for FSX?


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 franthree

franthree

    Orville Reincarnate

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,269 posts
  • Location:New York,N.Y. U.S.A.

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:51 AM

Best freeware aircraft for FSX-Taking into account flying ability-(does it sink)- (holds autopilot)-textures--night-lighting effects  here is mine

http://www.flightsim...0x.zip?mf77p019

#2 franthree

franthree

    Orville Reincarnate

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,269 posts
  • Location:New York,N.Y. U.S.A.

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:58 AM

Sorry to make you look at the link----- it is the POSKEY-Bombardier-CRJ-200
Posted Image

#3 conchulio

conchulio

    Private Pilot - IFR

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Location:Frankfurt

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:05 PM

i like the Beech King Air 300 from avsim ( sry for no link ).  it has great sounds in my opinion, a functional VC and cabin and the best, an integrated gps at the fron panel, looks amazing :lol: . it also comes with a written check list on the kneeboard.
flying abilities, well i have no comparison the real king airs but it is a LOT better than FSX default ones :lol:

in short: a great prop for vfr routes to island hop or discover the beauty of the canadian west-coast

btw. i think nearly every posky aircraft is great, hiroshi and the rest of the team are just brilliant.

conchi

#4 franthree

franthree

    Orville Reincarnate

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,269 posts
  • Location:New York,N.Y. U.S.A.

Posted 07 June 2008 - 03:40 PM

:lol: Thanks for info, Default planes in FSX always have lousy night-lite effects

#5 Ex-Mauler

Ex-Mauler

    Student Pilot

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Location:SouthWest Florida

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:52 PM

View Postconchulio, on Jun 7 2008, 02:05 PM, said:

i like the Beech King Air 300 from avsim ( sry for no link ).  it has great sounds in my opinion, a functional VC and cabin and the best, an integrated gps at the fron panel, looks amazing :lol: . it also comes with a written check list on the kneeboard.
flying abilities, well i have no comparison the real king airs but it is a LOT better than FSX default ones :lol:

in short: a great prop for vfr routes to island hop or discover the beauty of the canadian west-coast

btw. i think nearly every posky aircraft is great, hiroshi and the rest of the team are just brilliant.

conchi
What do you mean by "posky"? Is that a "brand" of Downlaodable aircraft? Sorry for my ignorance. I am always looking for better birds to fly.

#6 _haphadon_

_haphadon_

    Commercial Pilot

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • Location:CYHM (Canada)

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:31 PM

View PostEx-Mauler, on Jun 11 2008, 07:52 PM, said:

View Postconchulio, on Jun 7 2008, 02:05 PM, said:

i like the Beech King Air 300 from avsim ( sry for no link ).  it has great sounds in my opinion, a functional VC and cabin and the best, an integrated gps at the fron panel, looks amazing :lol: . it also comes with a written check list on the kneeboard.
flying abilities, well i have no comparison the real king airs but it is a LOT better than FSX default ones :lol:

in short: a great prop for vfr routes to island hop or discover the beauty of the canadian west-coast

btw. i think nearly every posky aircraft is great, hiroshi and the rest of the team are just brilliant.

conchi
What do you mean by "posky"? Is that a "brand" of Downlaodable aircraft? Sorry for my ignorance. I am always looking for better birds to fly.

Links to site:

http://www.projectopensky.com/
http://www.projectop...loads-index.php

Posky (Short for Project Open sky) is a company which makes great freeware planes for flight simulator.

#7 franthree

franthree

    Orville Reincarnate

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,269 posts
  • Location:New York,N.Y. U.S.A.

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:53 AM

View Post_haphadon_, on Jun 11 2008, 08:31 PM, said:

View PostEx-Mauler, on Jun 11 2008, 07:52 PM, said:

View Postconchulio, on Jun 7 2008, 02:05 PM, said:

i like the Beech King Air 300 from avsim ( sry for no link ).  it has great sounds in my opinion, a functional VC and cabin and the best, an integrated gps at the fron panel, looks amazing :lol: . it also comes with a written check list on the kneeboard.
flying abilities, well i have no comparison the real king airs but it is a LOT better than FSX default ones :hrmm:

in short: a great prop for vfr routes to island hop or discover the beauty of the canadian west-coast

btw. i think nearly every posky aircraft is great, hiroshi and the rest of the team are just brilliant.

conchi
What do you mean by "posky"? Is that a "brand" of Downlaodable aircraft? Sorry for my ignorance. I am always looking for better birds to fly.

Links to site:

http://www.projectopensky.com/
http://www.projectop...loads-index.php

Posky (Short for Project Open sky) is a company which makes great freeware planes for flight simulator.
Posky the best-- however would like to see more FSX planes. The ones for FS9 do work in FSX but you have to often add vc and sound. The Bombardier at the top is totally FSX compatable. :lol:

#8 conchulio

conchulio

    Private Pilot - IFR

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Location:Frankfurt

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:28 AM

does it include a vc ? i must admit i never took interest in their crj :S

conchi

#9 SolarEagle

SolarEagle

    Private Pilot - VFR

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:39 PM

My best and only piece of freeware is the Fokker DrI.
http://www.neoqb.com/fokker/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 usnchris

usnchris

    Airline Transport Pilot

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • Location:KDAB

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:45 PM

View PostSolarEagle, on Jun 13 2008, 08:39 PM, said:

My best and only piece of freeware is the Fokker DrI.

Same here. Best freeware aircraft ever made in my opinion. Better than the POSKYies!

#11 franthree

franthree

    Orville Reincarnate

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,269 posts
  • Location:New York,N.Y. U.S.A.

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:05 PM

View Postcfschris, on Jun 13 2008, 08:45 PM, said:

View PostSolarEagle, on Jun 13 2008, 08:39 PM, said:

My best and only piece of freeware is the Fokker DrI.

Same here. Best freeware aircraft ever made in my opinion. Better than the POSKYies!
Nice plane, but where can you fly it and have it fit the time period-in FSX-any circa 1917 airports in FSX?
FS9 did have those historical old airports--but this Fokker  only for FSX?

Edited by franthree, 13 June 2008 - 08:12 PM.


#12 franthree

franthree

    Orville Reincarnate

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,269 posts
  • Location:New York,N.Y. U.S.A.

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:42 PM

:lol: Oh I see they have scenery for it with the download file!

#13 usnchris

usnchris

    Airline Transport Pilot

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • Location:KDAB

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:59 PM

View Postfranthree, on Jun 13 2008, 09:05 PM, said:

Nice plane, but where can you fly it and have it fit the time period-in FSX-any circa 1917 airports in FSX?
FS9 did have those historical old airports--but this Fokker  only for FSX?

Bah! Even so, why do you need to fly in an environment relative to your aircraft? Its just like you're flying a vintage plane in today's world- and there are plenty of grass strips all over (they're just hard to see!)!


But yeah, this thing is for fsx only. Bummer for the fs2004 fans, this is a good reason to convert to fsx! (yes like a religion! :lol:)

#14 franthree

franthree

    Orville Reincarnate

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,269 posts
  • Location:New York,N.Y. U.S.A.

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:01 PM

:lol: Touce!--What happened to your pc?

Edited by franthree, 13 June 2008 - 09:01 PM.


#15 SolarEagle

SolarEagle

    Private Pilot - VFR

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:03 PM

The airport scenery it comes with is right in the middle of the France VFR Southern Alps, I think.  I can't recall which pack it is but here's some shots with the France VRF scenery along with the Banana Bob Jasta 18 repaint.  Its not the Red Baron though as he was in Jasta 11.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 franthree

franthree

    Orville Reincarnate

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,269 posts
  • Location:New York,N.Y. U.S.A.

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:05 PM

Thanks-- :lol:  Wow better than  default FSX scenery--I have to download!!
Oh I see that is the France vfr scenery :lol:

Edited by franthree, 13 June 2008 - 09:07 PM.


#17 usnchris

usnchris

    Airline Transport Pilot

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • Location:KDAB

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:16 PM

View Postfranthree, on Jun 13 2008, 10:01 PM, said:

:lol: Touce!--What happened to your pc?

Family squabble, punishment. :lol:

#18 Aros

Aros

    Student Pilot

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 03:52 AM

I just downloaded the Fokker...Thanks for the link...Wow, excellent freeware for sure. I also downloaded the paint kit but I don't know what to do with it, heh...Any suggestions?

#19 reider

reider

    Commercial Pilot

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 04:39 AM

Paint.....  :lol:

Reider

#20 Aros

Aros

    Student Pilot

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:45 AM

Har...I figured that. I guess I should be more specific. What are the precise steps? I've never used a paint kit or modified the livery of an aircraft before. How do you do it?