mystery of Dalarö
Posted 13 March 2004 - 07:23 PM
So now the evidence......
A new Volvo ad (in the UK) tells a story about the "mystery of Dalarö" where 32 families bought the same model car, a Volvo S40, on the very same day.
But is the story true....?
The volvo ad,(whole documentray (10 min max)) and webpage
Then we have this.......
And lastly this......
Plus of course anything else you can find!
Well is it true? Or a very good fake? You Tell me! I don't don't have a ###### clue
Posted 13 March 2004 - 08:19 PM
Posted 13 March 2004 - 08:27 PM
pete, on Mar 14 2004, 01:19 AM, said:
Posted 13 March 2004 - 11:23 PM
It's disturbing that Volvo would pay all those families to lie and make up a story like that.
Edited by Vizitech, 13 March 2004 - 11:24 PM.
Posted 14 March 2004 - 05:45 AM
Posted 14 March 2004 - 05:54 AM
Posted 14 March 2004 - 05:58 AM
Posted 14 March 2004 - 06:21 AM
Posted 14 March 2004 - 06:34 AM
It can be true, these things happen!
Posted 14 March 2004 - 07:32 AM
Posted 14 March 2004 - 12:09 PM
I bet they all met each other on a forum and said, "lets all go to "blah blah" and buy "blah blah" on "blah blah" to freak everyone at, and deny that we have ever had contact"
Hey, why don't we all do that?
Ok that was pretty stpuid of me right there
Posted 14 March 2004 - 12:14 PM
Posted 14 March 2004 - 12:19 PM
Posted 14 March 2004 - 12:21 PM
Posted 14 March 2004 - 03:17 PM
#1 if the dealership only sells less than 32 cars a year, i find it very hard to believe he had 32 brand new volvo whatevers in on 1 day.
#2 volvo is a swedish company (i think) so why do a full documentary in english? forcing all the people to speak english!!?
#3 their is no way that the lady would not know were the gps was. its a massive selling point!!!!
its just an advert. gloryfied, nice story, but an advert.
Posted 18 March 2004 - 08:40 PM
1. In the documentry someone mentions that it's a small town and everyone is with together.
2. Those can't be paid actors because they speak english like a forighner.
3. It could be possible for 32 familys to but the exact same car.
4. Volvo is a sweedish company, those people are Sweeds. They will buy their country's best.
5. I know 100% that dealers don't carry to many cars of the same. It's 6 cars per type and model. With different components.
6. And not knowing GPS is a bit odd. Because GPS is used during the winter in European countrys.
7. Also dealers barely sell more than 5 cars a day.
8. Plus on the outside of that dealership it looks like crap. But on the inside it looks like a Honda dealership in the U.S.. With marble and AC. Thats a bit strange.
And thats it. If you guys want to make a "case" out of this which I would love to do. Give me a personal messege.